The Relationship Between Motivation And Nurses’ Performance In Taking Care Of Emergency Cases In The Emergency Unit Of Prof. Dr. W. Z. Johannes General Hospital-Kupang

  • Kori Limbong Nursing Program, Health Polytechnic of Kupang
Keywords: Motivation, Performance, Nurse, Case, Emergency

Abstract

Background: Nurses performance is one of the determinant indicators to nurses’ caring quality. One of the factors that have an impact on this performance is motivation. This study is aimed to know the relationship between motivation and nurses’ performance in taking care of emergency cases in the emergency unit of Prof. Dr. W. Z. Johannes General Hospital – Kupang. Method: This is a quantitative study that uses correlation descriptive as its research design with the cross-sectional approach. The population of this study is all 40 nurses in the Emergency Unit of Prof. Dr. W. Z. Johannes General Hospital – Kupang with samples are the population that is suitable for the criteria: 34 respondentsAnalysis test used is the correlation of Pearson to know the relationship between motivation and nurses’ performance in taking care of emergency cases in the emergency unit of Prof. Dr. W. Z. Johannes General Hospital – Kupang. Result: This result of this study shows that averagely nurses’ motivation in the emergency unit of Prof. Dr. W. Z. Johannes General Hospital – Kupang is 54,91, and SD 11,332 with minimum rate is 45 and maximum mark is 62. 18 respondents (53%) have high motivation and the rest: 16 respondents (47%) have medium motivation. Pearson statistical test shows that there is a significant relationship that is quite strong and positive between motivation and nurses’ performance with p: 0,0001 and r: 0,873. Conclusion: There is a relationship between motivation and nurses’ performance in taking care of emergency cases in the emergency unit of Prof. Dr. W. Z. Johannes General Hospital – Kupang. nurses with good motivation will show impact in their performance, vice versa, nurses with low motivation will have low performance as well.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.
Published
2018-12-31
How to Cite
Limbong, K. (2018). The Relationship Between Motivation And Nurses’ Performance In Taking Care Of Emergency Cases In The Emergency Unit Of Prof. Dr. W. Z. Johannes General Hospital-Kupang. Proceeding 1st. International Conference Health Polytechnic of Kupang, 671-678. Retrieved from http://proceeding.poltekeskupang.ac.id/index.php/ichpk/article/view/128